HOW MAN RECEIVED THE SCRIPTURE
- THE SCRIPTURES CONTRASTED AGAINST THE WRITINGS OF THE HEATHEN-
- THE VOICE OF GOD FROM THE HOLY MOUNTAIN-
- THE SCRIPTURES FROM HOLY MEN-
- THE SCRIPTURES CAME BY THE WILL OF GOD, FROM HEAVEN, NOT OF MEN-
- THE SCRIPTURES ALONE GIVE TRUE LIGHT-
- THE SCRIPTURES ARE NOT THE PRODUCT OF MEN-
- THE SCRIPTURES WERE OF MEN WHO WERE MOVED ALONG BY THE HOLY SPIRIT-
- THE SCRIPTURES ARE THE ONLY PROTECTION AGAINST DAMNABLE HERESIES-
- THE SCRIPTURES EXALT THE PERSON OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST-
“For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” 2 Peter 1:16-21. “But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.” 2 Peter 2:1-2.
Pastor Ken Blue was born in Boswell, Ark. In 1955 he accepted Christ as his Savior. He and his wife Joyce were married in 1955. They have 5 children. He graduated from Midwestern Baptist Bible College in 1969 and started the Open Door Baptist Church in Lynnwood, Wa. where he pastored for 39 years. Because of health issues (ALS) he was forced to resign as pastor. It is his desire to continue to be used of God to help pastors and believers through this ministry.