By Ken Blue
- I did not baptize them because Jesus was baptized.
- I did not baptize them to wash away their sins.
- I did not baptize them into the local church.
- I did not baptize them because of John the Baptist.
- I did not baptize them to make them Baptist.
- I did not baptize them because of the “great commission.”?
- I did not baptize them because I am a Baptist
Then why did I baptize the saved? I baptized them by immersion to picture the gospel Paul preached. That gospel was the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ for our sins. Paul is the Apostle to the church, the body of Christ. He baptized converts, and so did I, and for that reason only.
Pastor Ken Blue was born in Boswell, Ark. In 1955 he accepted Christ as his Savior. He and his wife Joyce were married in 1955. They have 5 children. He graduated from Midwestern Baptist Bible College in 1969 and started the Open Door Baptist Church in Lynnwood, Wa. where he pastored for 39 years. Because of health issues (ALS) he was forced to resign as pastor. It is his desire to continue to be used of God to help pastors and believers through this ministry.