By Ken Blue
Charismatic pastors tell me that the gift of tongues is the easiest of the gifts to fake. The reason, they say, is it cannot be verified. We agree 100% with them on that issue.
Now, we appeal to reason. If the gift of tongues is present, wouldn’t the other gifts also be with us? In fact, we are told that the gift of tongues is the least important of all gifts. Paul said it was better to speak 5 words that are understood, than 10,000 words in an unknown tongue!
So, let’s move on to the more important gifts. I can prove to you that no person on earth today has the gifts as taught in the Bible. If the other gifts are not here, neither are tongues. In fact, my book, Why Bible Believers do not Speak in Tongues, silences all of them, and no one has or can refute it.
I will give a list of questions on this subject. They are simple, and the respondent should be straight forward with his or her answers. Please don’t waste my time with your beliefs or hearsay. We want the truth.
1. Do you believe the miracle working power Jesus and the disciples had are present today?
2. Do you know anyone with those powers?
3. Do you know anyone who was dead three days or more and was raised from the dead?
4. Do you know of any mentally retarded person who was healed by the gift of healing?
5. Do you know anyone blind from birth, and a faith healer restored his or her sight?
6. Do you know anyone who could not walk for 40 years, and was restored by a faith healer?
7. Do you know a miracle worker who walks on water?
8. Do you know a miracle worker who feed thousands with a little boy’s lunch?
9. Do you know anyone with ALS that was healed by a faith healer?
10. Do you know anyone who had Alzheimer’s that was healed by a faith healer?
If you have positive answers to the above, please send us their name and address so we may contact them.
If you can’t validate the above, why would you expect us to believe you when you think you have the least important gift of tongues? We don’t!
Pastor Ken Blue was born in Boswell, Ark. In 1955 he accepted Christ as his Savior. He and his wife Joyce were married in 1955. They have 5 children. He graduated from Midwestern Baptist Bible College in 1969 and started the Open Door Baptist Church in Lynnwood, Wa. where he pastored for 39 years. Because of health issues (ALS) he was forced to resign as pastor. It is his desire to continue to be used of God to help pastors and believers through this ministry.